lyx file from 2015 not converted to pdf

Pavel Sanda sanda at
Tue Mar 24 18:08:58 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 09:43:00AM +0100, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> Thanks all for suggestions.
> The file did compile in 2015.
> I tried to remove parts of the original.
> It turned out that a nomenclature lead to the error

As we figured out in background, the problem is using ligature 'fl'
as one character instead of normally using two characters. Replacing
them fixes the problem.

Attached is minimal example.

I was not capable to have lyx segfault because of it.

Question, I guess either for Juergen or Guenter, is whether
we should know unicode inside nomenclature and should be fixing
this issue or this kind of use should not be supported.
>From the users point of view we don't report any useful error.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: mwe.lyx
Type: application/x-lyx
Size: 2462 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the lyx-users mailing list