LyX 188.8.131.52 for Windows
Richard Kimberly Heck
rikiheck at lyx.org
Mon Feb 17 18:10:52 UTC 2020
Public release of LyX version 2.3.4-3
This is another emergency release that, hopefully, actually fixes the
first bug that 2.3.4-2 was meant to fix: A delay when saving files on
Windows. The new bug is #11737. There are no other changes.
Only Windows users will need to upgrade to this version.
Public release of LyX version 2.3.4-2
This is an emergency release that fixes four bugs in 2.3.4. Only the
first two really warrant an emergency release, but while we're at it...
The first, bug #11728, caused a five-second delay when attempting
to save files on Windows. This was a side effect of the fix for #10091
and reminds us why it would be good to have more testing on Windows.
The second bug is discussed in this thread
and concerns a crash related to the math toolbar. This was due to an
uninitialize buffer_ member revealed by the fix for #11586.
The third, bug #11724, affects Beamer presentations and causes bad output
when page geometry is set in certain ways. LyX should and how does ignore
The last, bug #11579, is an old one, but a serious one, that prevents
the use of CJKUtf8 in ERT. It's a straightforward fix for a bug that is
pretty serious for people who encounter it.
All LyX users are encouraged to upgrade to 2.3.4-2.
The original announcement for 2.3.4 follows.
We are proud to announce the release of LyX 2.3.4. This is the fourth
maintenance release in the 2.3.x series.
You can download LyX 2.3.4 from http://www.lyx.org/Download/.
LyX is a document processor that encourages an approach to writing based
on the structure of your documents and not simply their appearance. It is
released under a Free and Open Source Software license.
LyX 2.3.4 is the result of on-going efforts to make our stable version more
reliable and more stable. One important change is that we have finally fixed
a large number of bugs related to bibitems (see bug #7548). We have also (we
hope) fixed a long-standing bug involving the saving of files on Windows to
If you think you have found a bug in LyX 2.3.4, please open a bug report at
http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome. If you're not sure whether it
really is a bug, you can e-mail the LyX developers' mailing list (lyx-devel
<at> lists.lyx.org) and ask.
If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the documentation
that comes with LyX (under the Help or Apple menu) and the LyX wiki, which
is at http://wiki.lyx.org/. If you can't find the answer there, e-mail the
LyX users' list (lyx-users <at> lists.lyx.org), where you will find an
active community of people who are ready to help.
We hope you enjoy using LyX 2.3.4.
The LyX team.
* USER INTERFACE
- The "Rows & Columns" optional submenu has been added to the math
- Avoid using text mode for unicode symbols representable in math mode
- Do not issue error dialog when no tag is found in git repository for
tree-revision info inset.
- Fix display with Wayland (bug 11692).
- Improve editing performance when there are Include insets that point to
non-existing files. (bug 11656).
* DOCUMENTATION AND LOCALIZATION
- New section about references in the example file colored-boxes.lyx.
- The Dutch user interface localization has been revived, and the Dutch docs
- The Russian Tutorial has been updated.
- Updated localizations include Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, German,
Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Slovak, Swedish, and Ukrainian.
- Fixed index processor in some manuals (bug 11708).
** Bug fixes:
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- Prevent crash due to unencodable path (bug 11688).
- Fix crash with polyglossia when the "Auto End" language preference setting
is off and titles are used.
- (Re-)fix problems with activated equal sign and graphic options in Turkish
and Latin documents (bug 2005).
- Correctly set language after intitle paragraphs (bug 11514).
- Fix toprule with booktabs/longtable and captions (bug 11589).
- Avoid adding spaces when parsing an array in a macro template (bug 10499).
- Avoid superfluous braces in the optional argument of a macro (bug 11552).
- Do not replace a latex command with the corresponding symbol in the
unicodesymbols file, unless it can be encoded in the document encoding
- Fix problems with paths that contain the tilde (~) character.
- Fix nomenclature processing with LuaTeX (bug 11571).
- Fix problem on Windows with saving files in Dropbox folders (bug 10091).
- Find local bib files when they exist in the same directory as the LyX
file (bug 11588).
- Fix table column order with RTL documents and LuaTeX (part of bug 9686).
- Fix paragraph alignment with RTL documents and LuaTeX (part of bug 11399).
- Fix direction of brackets with RTL documents and LuaTeX (part of bug
- Fix direction of roman numbers with RTL documents and LuaTeX.
- Fix direction of numbered citations outside XeTeX/bidi (bug 3005).
- Fix direction of references with XeTeX/bidi (bug 11626).
- Fix interplay of the memoir class and custom page size/geometry (bug
- Fix compilation of Hebrew Article with XeTeX and LuaTeX (bug 10525).
- Fix greyedout note with RTL documents (bug 8647).
- Fix colored and shaded boxes with RTL documents (bug 8642).
- Fix loading order problem with rotfloat/rotating and graphicx (bug 11502).
- Fix LaTeX error with Canadian French as second language. LyX now uses
the (recommended) babel option "acadian" rather than "canadien".
- Do not create unnecessary directories when exporting from the command
line (bug 11636).
- Fix problem with included objects with Linkback service on Mac (bug 6961).
- Fix termination of commands after math insets (bug 11667).
- Fix \binom command clash in beamer.
* USER INTERFACE
- Fix configure process with Python 3 (bug 11642).
- Fix some numbering issues with bibitems (bug 2743, 8499).
- Deal properly with orphaned bibitems (bug 7160).
- Fix endless loop when a macro definition references itself (bug 11595).
- Use the selection as the argument of a macro also when the macro has only
optional arguments (bug 10498).
- Correctly close a language opened in a branch inset (bug 9633).
- Fix additional problem with display of inline equations in outliner
- Preserve "all authors" state when switching citation style via context
menu (bug 11439).
- Fix right and left layout alignment (in workarea) with RTL (bug 11606).
- Show filenames for verbatim includes in outliner (bug 11612).
- Enable change tracking if paragraph break change (bug 11629).
- Fix crash when deleting column in math grid (bug 11623).
- Hide "LaTeX (Clipboard)" entry from import menu (bug 11657).
- Enable dissolve in undefined Flex inset context menu (bug 8650).
- Enable dissolve in context menu of element in table cells.
- Fix bad caret position when row scrolls horizontally (bug 11603).
- Fix crash when inserting some insets in math split insets (bug 11686).
- Properly remember cursor position when many files have been opened
- Fix TeX file listing with the Nix package manager.
- Fix Python detection routines, and so instant preview on some platforms
* DOCUMENTATION AND LOCALIZATION
- Fix string direction in Hebrew localization (bug 11607).
- Fix typo in the code that converts from file formats older than lyx 2.1
(thanks to Salvatore Falco).
- Significantly improve support for modules (bug 11259, 8229).
- Prevent multiplication of preamble code on (re-)import (bug 8229).
- Fix import of custom float definitions.
- avoid annoying warnings with g++ 9.
More information about the lyx-users