Richard Kimberly Heck
rikiheck at lyx.org
Sun Jan 3 20:31:55 UTC 2021
LyX 18.104.22.168 is now released. This update fixes two problems.
The first is that the inclusion of TeX files as child documents was
unintentionally broken by the new code that allows for the creation of
new files from the child document dialog. The second is that there was
some odd behavior of menus under Gnome Wayland, at least on Fedora, due
to how window positions were stored between sessions.
Otherwise, this version is the same as LyX 2.3.6, and users who do not
experience these problems need not upgrade.
The original announcement is included below.
Public release of LyX version 2.3.6
We are proud to announce the release of LyX 2.3.6. This is the sixth
maintenance release in the 2.3.x series. We encourage all users to
upgrade to this version.
You can download LyX 2.3.6 from http://www.lyx.org/Download/.
LyX is a document processor that encourages an approach to writing based
on the structure of your documents and not simply their appearance. It is
released under a Free and Open Source Software license.
LyX 2.3.6 is the sixth maintenance release in the 2.3.x series. It is the
result of on-going efforts to make our stable version more reliable and
more stable. Most of the changes are fairly minor, fixes of smallish bugs,
but a couple crashes have been fixed, as well.
One oft-requested feature (going back 13 years) is the ability to create
new child documents from within the 'include file' dialog. This is now
possible. Another equally old bug that has been fixed is that pasting
table content outside a table no longer pastes tab characters.
If you think you have found a bug in LyX 2.3.6, please open a bug report at
http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome. If you're not sure whether it
really is a bug, you can e-mail the LyX developers' mailing list (lyx-devel
<at> lists.lyx.org) and ask.
If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the documentation
that comes with LyX (under the Help or Apple menu) and the LyX wiki, which
is at http://wiki.lyx.org/. If you can't find the answer there, e-mail the
LyX users' list (lyx-users <at> lists.lyx.org), where you will find an
active community of people who are ready to help.
We hope you enjoy using LyX 2.3.6.
The LyX team.
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- Added layout for American Psychological Association (APA), v. 7 (apa7).
* USER INTERFACE
- Improve UI of math matrix dialog UI (bug 11888).
- Fix display of 'by chapter' labels in AMS classes (bug 11741).
- Add support for the doublestroke package in mathed (bug 11887).
- Fix behavior of text style dialog when "Immediate Apply" is checked
- Focus keyword field in Thesaurus dialog.
- Allow creation of a child file from the include dialog (bug 4475).
- Make sure to load the correct math fonts in certain cases.
- Update autocorrect in mathed so that pressing '*' after a delimiter will
cycle through all sizes.
- Display character styles along with fonts in status bar (bug 11951).
- Adjust debug output for fonts by not breaking lines that should go
* DOCUMENTATION AND LOCALIZATION
- Update Czech, German, Italian, Slovak, Russian and French user
- Update French translation of Customization manual
- Wininstaller, temporary remove the option to run LyX from the finish page
due to upcoming fix of the issue where after installing LyX as admin,
would execute LyX as admin too.
** Bug fixes:
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- Fix output of titles in branches and other insets (follow-up to bug
- Fix clipping of vector images and when exporting from command line
(follow-up to bug 11180).
* USER INTERFACE
- Fix crash when pasting math grid with more rows in source than target
- Fix problem with drawing of auto-opened insets (bug 11870).
- Fix crash when rejecting changes and the cursor is in an inset that
deleted (bug 10316).
- Ask to save hidden dirty documents (bug 11405).
- Fix background color of collapsible insets with sublabel.
- Do not paste tabulators when pasting multiple cell outside table (bug
- Fix language when pasting multiple cell outside table (bug 11898).
- Fix input of decimal numbers in RtL context (bug 11900).
- Fix the LyX icon in the Wayland dash (bug 11847).
- Fix display bug when typing in a paragraph where row heights change
- Fix wrong marking-text-behavior with doubleclick on notebook touchpads
- Fix spacing of limits of sum-like operators in display style.
- Fix positioning of super- and subscripts with integral signs.
- Fix counter in bibliography inset (bug 11920).
- Do not allow editing of math package list in Document > Settings >
thus preventing a crash (bug 11931).
- Maintain standard layout for separating paragraphs when switching
layouts (bug 11936).
- Prevent permanent disabling of widgets in Vertical/Horizontal Space
- Fix behavior of Edit button in Include dialog.
- Localize some previously unlocalized strings (bug 11954 ).
- Fix bug where cursor blinks at the wrong position after changing
layout (bug 11912).
- Fix PrettyFormat for Part (bug 11986).
- Fix on-screen display of special math fonts (bug 11802).
- Fix white frame border in fullscreen mode.
- Wininstaller, fix bug where previous installations, with emergency version
greater than 1, could not be seen in registry on overinstall
- Do not break configuration if a module file is not decodable (file
not encoded in utf-8). Rather than that, issue a warning and skip
that file (a variant of bug 11736).
More information about the lyx-users