LyX 2.3.6 Released
Richard Kimberly Heck
rikiheck at lyx.org
Mon Nov 30 23:25:18 UTC 2020
We are pleased to announce the release of LyX 2.3.6. This is the sixth
maintenance release in the 2.3.x series. It is the result of on-going
efforts to make our stable version more reliable and more stable. Most
of the changes are fairly minor, fixes of smallish bugs, but a couple
crashes have been fixed, as well.
One oft-requested feature (going back 13 years) is the ability to create
new child documents from within the 'include file' dialog. This is now
possible. Another equally old bug that has been fixed is that pasting
table content outside a table no longer pastes tab characters.
With 2.3.6, we also release an updated version of the Windows installer.
(It has been available for previous versions for testing.) Perhaps the
most significant change is that LyX is now available as a 64 bit Windows
application. Thanks to new contributor Eugene Chornyi for this work.
You can download the sources in tar.gz format
There are also some binaries <\"ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/2.3.5/\">
SPECIAL NOTE FOR LINUX USERS: Some Fedora users (specifically ones using
the Wayland compositor with Gnome) have reported problems with the menus
being shifted down on the screen. (See this bug
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11746 which is itself due to a Qt bug
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-68636.) This has been fixed in the
Fedora 2.3.6 RPM but not in the 2.3.6 source code. Any users who
encounter this problem are asked please to report it either on the bug
tracker or on the lyx-devel mailing list. (Those compiling themselves
can apply this patch: https://tinyurl.com/y46z2rbk.)
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- Added layout for American Psychological Association (APA), v. 7 (apa7).
* USER INTERFACE
- Improve UI of math matrix dialog UI (bug 11888).
- Fix display of 'by chapter' labels in AMS classes (bug 11741).
- Add support for the doublestroke package in mathed (bug 11887).
- Fix behavior of text style dialog when "Immediate Apply" is checked
- Focus keyword field in Thesaurus dialog.
- Allow creation of a child file from the include dialog (bug 4475).
- Make sure to load the correct math fonts in certain cases.
- Update autocorrect in mathed so that pressing '*' after a delimiter will
cycle through all sizes.
- Display character styles along with fonts in status bar (bug 11951).
- Adjust debug output for fonts by not breaking lines that should go
* DOCUMENTATION AND LOCALIZATION
- Update Czech, German, Italian, Slovak, Russian and French user
- Update French translation of Customization manual
- Wininstaller, temporary remove the option to run LyX from the finish page
due to upcoming fix of the issue where after installing LyX as admin,
would execute LyX as admin too.
** Bug fixes:
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- Fix output of titles in branches and other insets (follow-up to bug
- Fix clipping of vector images and when exporting from command line
(follow-up to bug 11180).
* USER INTERFACE
- Fix crash when pasting math grid with more rows in source than target
- Fix problem with drawing of auto-opened insets (bug 11870).
- Fix crash when rejecting changes and the cursor is in an inset that
deleted (bug 10316).
- Ask to save hidden dirty documents (bug 11405).
- Fix background color of collapsible insets with sublabel.
- Do not paste tabulators when pasting multiple cell outside table (bug
- Fix language when pasting multiple cell outside table (bug 11898).
- Fix input of decimal numbers in RtL context (bug 11900).
- Fix the LyX icon in the Wayland dash (bug 11847).
- Fix display bug when typing in a paragraph where row heights change
- Fix wrong marking-text-behavior with doubleclick on notebook touchpads
- Fix spacing of limits of sum-like operators in display style.
- Fix positioning of super- and subscripts with integral signs.
- Fix counter in bibliography inset (bug 11920).
- Do not allow editing of math package list in Document > Settings >
thus preventing a crash (bug 11931).
- Maintain standard layout for separating paragraphs when switching
layouts (bug 11936).
- Prevent permanent disabling of widgets in Vertical/Horizontal Space
- Fix behavior of Edit button in Include dialog.
- Localize some previously unlocalized strings (bug 11954 ).
- Fix bug where cursor blinks at the wrong position after changing
layout (bug 11912).
- Fix PrettyFormat for Part (bug 11986).
- Fix on-screen display of special math fonts (bug 11802).
- Fix white frame border in fullscreen mode.
- Wininstaller, fix bug where previous installations, with emergency version
greater than 1, could not be seen in registry on overinstall
- Do not break configuration if a module file is not decodable (file
not encoded in utf-8). Rather than that, issue a warning and skip
that file (a variant of bug 11736).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the lyx-users