LyX 18.104.22.168 Relesed
Richard Kimberly Heck
rikiheck at lyx.org
Tue Jun 30 21:39:16 UTC 2020
Public release of LyX version 22.214.171.124
This is an emergency release to fix bug number 11889, which reverses
marks in some cases when hyperref is enabled.
You can download LyX 126.96.36.199 from http://www.lyx.org/Download/.
The original announcement follows.
We are proud to announce the release of LyX 2.3.5. This is the fifth
maintenance release in the 2.3.x series. We encourage all users to
upgrade to this version.
LyX is a document processor that encourages an approach to writing based
on the structure of your documents and not simply their appearance. It is
released under a Free and Open Source Software license.
LyX 2.3.5 is the result of on-going efforts to make our stable version more
reliable and more stable. Most of the changes are incremental, but quite a
few important bugs have now been fixed.
One important change is that Inkscape 1.0 is now supported: It will be
and configured automatically. Users of previous versions have recently
configuration failures when Inkscape 1.0 is installed, leading to an
(and all but unusable) installation of LyX. This should also be fixed.
If you think you have found a bug in LyX 2.3.5, please open a bug report at
http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome. If you're not sure whether it
really is a bug, you can e-mail the LyX developers' mailing list (lyx-devel
<at> lists.lyx.org) and ask.
If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the documentation
that comes with LyX (under the Help or Apple menu) and the LyX wiki, which
is at http://wiki.lyx.org/. If you can't find the answer there, e-mail the
LyX users' list (lyx-users <at> lists.lyx.org), where you will find an
active community of people who are ready to help.
We hope you enjoy using LyX 2.3.5.
The LyX team.
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- Add layout file for revtex 4.2.
* USER INTERFACE
- Keep citation style when all selected citations are deleted (bug 11748).
- Add shortcut for Insert > Separated <Environment> Above.
* DOCUMENTATION AND LOCALIZATION
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese, Dutsch, German, Interlingua, Italian,
and Slovak user interface localization.
- Provide the option to code sign the LyX application on Mac.
** Bug fixes:
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- Fix crash with non-encodable glyph in nomcenlature inset (bug 11584).
- Fix crash with non-encodable glyph in class options (bug 11865).
- Support for Inkscape 1.0 (new command line syntax) (bug 11742).
- Fix problems with non-ASCII characters in file path with recent LaTeX
- Fix problems with recent LaTeX when \input at path contains tilde and space
- Fix output with class-provided geometry package (bug 11724).
- Fix erroneous space in output caused by changebar module (bug 11473).
- Correctly strike out deleted text after deleted display math (bug 11716).
- Fix loading of amsmath in beamer article classes (bug 11768).
- Prevent polyglossia options from being output to PDF TOC (bug 11813).
- Use real typographic quotation marks in PDF TOC (with pdflatex).
- Fix problems with apostrophe in path on Windows (bug 9368).
- Don't open a new instance just because no files are given (bug 11635).
- Fix tablefootnote loading order (bug 11841).
- Fix reloading of changed include inset (bug 11842).
- Don't output \maketitle twice with branches (bug 11787).
- Output \PassOptionsToPackage before any package is loaded (bug 11862).
* USER INTERFACE
- Avoid crash in some cases where a dialog is shown during operation
- Fix crash with nested insets when spaces are removed automatically
- Fix a crash reported on lyx users.
There was an uninitialized buffer member of MathData in LFUN dispatch.
- Fix backspace deletion of selected items with change tracking (bug 11630).
- Fix display glitch where the change tracking cue blinks with the cursor
- Consider shorthand in biblatex cite display (bug 11696).
- Properly resize columns of child document table widget.
- Fix problem with validation of InsetLayout.
- Fix over-hasty resetting of dialog in Child Documents settings (bug
- Fix problems when pasting ZERO WIDTH NON-JOINER (bug 11790).
- Remove newlines from LFUNs entered in the shortcut dialog.
- Add copy, paste, etc, to math context menu (but 11799).
- Avoid bleeding of inset background outside of inset (bug 11786).
- Disallow adding columns with gathered environment as this is not
supported (bug 11812).
- Preserve paragraph spacing when breaking a paragraph at the start
- Improve reporting of undefined control sequences in preamble (bug 11844).
- Fix direction of some parts of text in bidi texts (bug 11691).
- Do not insert \textquoteright with Hunspell (bug 11832).
- Fix disappearing selection with clipboard managers on X11 (bug 11715).
- Correct hierarchy level of Bib(la)tex inset in outliner if "Show in Toc"
is selected (bug 11863).
- Don't close a document if the "close or hide" dialog is canceled (bug
- Disable PDF bookmarksopen level widget if booksmarksopen is false
- Fix encoding issues with python 3 when generating preview snippets.
- Fix import of nested polyglossia language environments (bug 11878).
- Don't output LaTeX preamble snippets with HTML (bug 11780).
- Do not break configuration if a layout file is not decodable. Rather
issue a warning and skip that file (bug 11736).
- Download dictionary and thesaurus files, on Windows, from our SVN repo
- Avoid many warnings with g++ 10 and clang++ 10.
More information about the lyx-users