Plugin creation info?

Christos Liaskos cliaskos at ics.forth.gr
Mon Dec 21 12:11:44 UTC 2020

Hello,

Mailmerge is indeed a very nice example.

Other examples (with more dynamic auto-completion content) would be:
proposing citations for a sentence based on the context and your
history, proposing ways to shorten or expand a statement, proposing
auto-fixes for issues like "undefined terms", "inconsistent ordering of
items",  etc.

There are external text-analysis tools to do all that already (at some
level). So I was looking for a general way to integrate them to LyX by
"hacking" the existing auto-completion mechanism a bit.

Incidentally, with such an autocompletion mechanism, I would be glad to
try and use LyX for code-authoring (in the programming sense), apart
from text. It would be nice to code with some beautiful typesetting for
a change :)

I can start looking into the code then. Are the LFUNs a good to place to
start and get an idea about how things work? (top-to-bottom approach..)

Thanks,
Christos