How to make an A4 presentation with Beamer?

Dr Eberhard W Lisse nospam at lisse.NA
Sun Dec 13 16:25:09 UTC 2020

Steve,

you don't need to do anything, because beamer does not produce paper. I
collaborate a lot with a colleague in the US and do need to do anything
for the presentations. For the papers he changes the LyX to Letter if he
wants to print and I to A4 if I want to print.

If you like, you can experiment with stuff like

	aspectratio=1610

in the

	Documents -> Settings... -> Document Class -> Custom

which you need to read up on (aspect ration) in the (LaTeX)
Beamer Manual.

For your particular issue I would also search for "handout"
in the (LaTeX) Beamer Manual.

The MWE is a TeX document, by the way, not a LyX document.

greetings, el

On 2020-12-13 13:52 , Steve Litt wrote:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > I live in the US, so all my computer's defaults are set to the US,
 > including paper size. I have a customer in Europe for whom I need to
 > make a presentation, using Beamer (alone, not with LyX), printable on
 > A4 paper.

[...]