New windows installers (2.3.6, both 32 and 64 bit) do not start installation

Lorenzo loherde at doctor.upv.es
Fri Dec 11 03:22:12 UTC 2020

Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org> escribió:

> On 12/9/20 8:50 PM, Lorenzo wrote:
>>
>> Yu Jin <yu_jin at lyx.org> escribió:

>>> Did you check in the task manager if the process (in the details tab) shows
>>> up in there?
>>> --
>>>     Eugene
>>
>> Uninstalled 2.3.5.2 and tried back to install:
>> LyX-236-Installer-1-x32 ==> Nothing happens. The process/program is
>> not shown under "Details" tab at the Task Manager
>> LyX-236-Installer-1-x64 ==> Program is shown under "Details", admin
>> permit is requested and installation starts (and finishes
>> successfully)
>>
>> Not sure if uninstallation of 2.3.5.2 was related to success of
>> 2.3.6 x64 installation. Additionally I have tried to install the
>> 2.4.0dev versions with same results as LyX-236-Installer-1-x32
>> (Nothing happens. The process/program is not shown under "Details"
>> at the Task Manager)
>
> Are you able to start these from a terminal? You might get more info
> that way.
>
> Riki

It seems that my Antivirus (AVG Free) considered Lyx installers as
suspicious files and blocked without any notification when double
clicking (weird behaviour). Running from command line as admin, AVG
fortunately showed notification and I have been able to install also
2.4dev x64 in parallel to 2.3.6 x64.
Thank you very much for your help.
Regards,

--