Markdown to Lyx

Murat Yildizoglu myildi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:41:04 UTC 2020

> Le 10 déc. 2020 à 10:34, Andrew Parsloe <ajparsloe at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> On 10/12/2020 4:15 pm, Murat Yildizoglu wrote:
>> Hello All,
>> I am trying to find a way to directly import markdown documents in Lyx.
>>
>> I have created a Markdown file type and a filter Markdown->Latex using a pandoc command for the conversion:
>>                  pandoc -f markdown_mmd -t latex   -o $$o $$I
>> But Lyx does not include this type in the import menu.
>> What am I missing?
>> How can I do this?
>> Is this possible?
>>
>> Thank you for your help!
>>
>> Murat
>
> Have you created a Markdown file format in LyX,
>
> Tools > Preferences > File Handling > File Formats
>
> ensuring the Document format checkbox is set? The name you use for the format will then appear in the lists showing in the From format: and To format: slots in the
>
> Tools > Preferences > File Handling > Converters
>
> dialogue. There are a number of Converter Definitions already from different formats to LyX format.
>
> Andrew
>
> --

Thank you Andrew,

I have indeed done all this but my error was to set the destination format as Latex(pdflatex). When I have switched to Latex(plain), Markdown is shown indeed as an import option. I imagine that the Latex->Lyx chain is only defined for the plain version.

I now will be able to outline in iThoughts mind map app and then importe in Lyx for developing the document. :-)

LyX is an amazing tool for writing. I hate when people make me work in RTF/Word or convert my documents in a strange format (like I,Design) that completely breaks my write/revise cycle. :-(

Best regards,

Murat

—

Prof. Murat Yildizoglu

Advisor to the Minister of Education, Youth and Sports of Cambodia
Expertise France

On temporary leave from
University of Bordeaux

http://yildizoglu.fr