.configure truncated

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:49:36 UTC 2020

On 12/9/20 2:11 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> On 12/9/20 12:12 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>>> Yes, it is just truncated, every thing else is OK.
>>>
>>> Do you say that I need to have a windows large enough to get a .configure not
>>> truncated?
>>>
>>> It should not be like that.
>>> The .configure file must be independent of the windows running lyx.
>>>

>>> ===========================================================================
>>>    Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdupre at gmx.com
>>>    Laboratoire interdisciplinaire Carnot de Bourgogne
>>>    9 Avenue Alain Savary, BP 47870, 21078 DIJON Cedex FRANCE

If you click Tools > Reconfigure in LyX, the configuration script runs
as a background process with no window.

If the configuration script were deliberately limiting line length, it
would be in the checkProg function in the configure.py script. I'm not a
Python programmer, but I do not see anything there that would suggest a
fixed line length.

Paul