Inline enumerate

Guenter Milde milde at users.sf.net
Sat Dec 5 07:26:58 UTC 2020

On 2020-12-01, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: 7bit --]

> On 12/1/20 7:39 AM, Hal Kierstead wrote:
>> All -

>> I know how to use inline enumerate (enumitem[enumerate*]) in LaTeX. Is there a good way to use it in LyX without ERT? Among other problems, it seems that in order to use the  enumitem[enumerate*] package option I need to turn off the enumitem module.

> The attached is a hacked version of the enumitem module with additional
> list types, including inline. You can either put it into your layouts/
> directory as is, in which case it will replace the official version, or
> rename it and put it there, in which case it will give you a different
> option.

Instead of modifying the existing layout, I recommend writing an additional
one that builds on it. This way, changes/fixes to the original will not be
masked by your local version.

I have e.g. in "~/.lyx/layouts/gm-lists.module" the code below.

Günter

#\DeclareLyXModule{gmlists}
#DescriptionBegin
# Adds quoted-list and condensed list environments.
#DescriptionEnd
#Requires: enumitem