hypersetup code in preamble causing problems with beamer notes

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:05:52 UTC 2020

lyx-2.3.6

I'm trying beamer with metropolis theme.  So to preamble I added:

\usetheme[numbering=fraction,titleformat=smallcaps]{metropolis}

I want notes on 2nd screen, so I added

\usepackage{pgfpages}

\setbeameroption{show notes}

\setbeameroption{show notes on second screen=right}

When I do this, I get a gray rectangle at the top of each page.  I exported
the latex code, and found
commenting out this section of code inserted by lyx fixed the issue:

%% \ifx\hypersetup\undefined
%%   \AtBeginDocument{%
%%     \hypersetup{unicode=true,pdfusetitle,
%%  bookmarks=true,bookmarksnumbered=false,bookmarksopen=false,
%%  breaklinks=false,pdfborder={0 0 1},backref=false,colorlinks=false}
%%   }
%% \else
%%   \hypersetup{unicode=true,pdfusetitle,
%%  bookmarks=true,bookmarksnumbered=false,bookmarksopen=false,
%%  breaklinks=false,pdfborder={0 0 1},backref=false,colorlinks=false}
%% \fi

Any ideas what is the right way to fix this, and maybe what is the cause?

Thanks,
Neal