Show changes by date
xracoonx at gmx.de
Thu Apr 30 05:06:30 UTC 2020
On 2020-04-29 21:47, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Wed, 29 Apr 2020 20:56:29 +0200
> schrieb racoon <xracoonx at gmx.de>:
>> On 2020-04-29 20:43, Joel Kulesza wrote:
>>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 12:33 PM Daniel <xracoonx at gmx.de
>>> <mailto:xracoonx at gmx.de>> wrote:
>>> I am hunting down some encoding error possibly to do with my
>>> bibliography which is created via Zotero and Better BibTeX. If I remove
>>> the bibliography from my document it works fine. I am unable to
>>> create a
>>> minimal example because I don't know which entry is causing the
>>> Is there a way to show the tracked changes I made by date so I can go
>>> through all the changes I made today in order to find the
>>> problematic entry?
>>> Do you track the problematic file in version control (e.g., git)? Is it
>>> stored on an online service like Dropbox? If not, I don't have a
>>> suggestion, but either of those facilities should give some historical
>>> - Joel
>> Yes, it might be worth trying to check whether a previous version of the
>> bib file fixes the problem. Sometimes Better BibTeX introduces problem.
>> As for the documents. Unfortunately there are quite a view documents
>> involved. Would you recommend downloading the previous version, accept
>> all changes in the document, and do a diff?
>> I am actually also using git. But I too rarely create commits. So, that
>> would be searching for the needle in the haystack, I guess. I need to
>> get a better commit routine, like once a day.
> Yes, it is possible, but you have to write a script.
> The change is recorded as a number (seconds from JAN 1 1970)
> On unix it is easy to determine the value , say 1 day old:
> $ date +%s --date=20200429
> Here it gives 1588197600
> Every number bigger than that in the lyx file markes the newer change.
Thanks everyone for their helpful comments. Finally, I was able to find
a problem in the Better BibTeX. Some update must have caused the export
settings to go off. It disabled the "Export unicode as plaint-latex
commands" option. Pretty bad bug, I think. This together with my
document not being set to utf8 caused a mess.
More information about the lyx-users