FindAdv, request for comments

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Mon Jan 25 13:02:09 UTC 2021

Problems with FindAdv and search with not ignored format

What we have now is something 'neither fish nor fowl'.

For instance for the search of characters with a specific size
we use strings/regexes wrapped with the size-spec. All is nice, until the size is the
default in the document. In that case the wrapping has no effect (because the text
created by latex output does not contain this info)

Same is valid for language, color, family, series, shape, etc.
Also we don't have the options to exclude characters with specific features from search.
(like search for words which are not part of a Latin sequence)

I am not sure, if investing more into this (without creating a nex export-type for search
(ala Docbook)) would get better sollutions.

Comment are appreciated.

        Kornel