Change LyX release numbering to Semantic Versioning

José Abílio Matos jamatos at lyx.org
Wed Jan 13 15:12:10 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 2:37:54 PM WET Pavel Sanda wrote:
> I guess that's the point where we break. I agree that moving from 2 to 3
> signals major change. At the same time once some project moves to double
> digits versions my experience is that I am no more keeping track which
> version is which unless I have special interest in some bug etc.

So let me see if I understand. You have a problem with LyX 10 but not with LyX
2.10 series. Is that correct?

My other remark is that are not changes that meet the litmus test of being
considered important enough to deserve the major version jump. There has not
been none in the previous 20 years. If we applied this reasoning we would
start work on the release of LyX 1.11.

--
José Abílio