[LyX/master] Simplify checking whether files are controlled by SVN and GIT.

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Sat Jan 9 17:14:01 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 09:12:19AM +0000, José Abílio Matos wrote:
> On Saturday, January 9, 2021 5:12:45 AM WET Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > Sounds good. If anyone knows a good approach, please feel free to merge it
> > into the patch and commit. Or describe the approach and I'll implement it.
> >
> > Scott
>
> Not necessarily what you want to hear, and clearly overkill in this context,
> but using libgit2 or one of its c++ wrappers is one idea. :-)
>
> I think that I earn bonus points for the useless tip of the day. :-D

No bonus points given because it's a good point. It would be more clean and might actually make a noticeable difference in terms of speed. I haven't particularly noticed slowness because of the VC code (although the previous code that redirected output to a file might have caused slowness because of IO?) but I wouldn't be a surprised. It might also open up more extensions to the VC code in the future. That said, I don't have the time to look into it now.

Scott