Bookmark Marker Weirdness

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Sun Feb 28 01:40:36 UTC 2021

On 2/26/21 1:22 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 19/02/2021 à 22:05, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
>> If you put a bookmark into the middle of a paragraph, then the marker
>> for it moves if you enter new material ahead of it. This is of course
>> because the bookmark is keyed to paragraph and position, but it is
>> very distracting on screen. I'm half inclined to suggest keying
>> bookmarks just to paragraphs, since their position does change in
>> this way. That would take care of the display problem, too.
>
> Is the new solution better?

Yes, better, but the markers do not appear when they are in section
headings.

The other problem I reported is still there: If the marker is in a
footnote, then it appears not on the line where the footnote is but e.g.
at the start of the paragraph. Same with other insets I've checked
(e.g., branches). It also disappears if you put it into the inset then
close the inset, though it reappears later, in the wrong position as
just described.

Riki