Errors With aux File in Master

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Sat Feb 27 03:46:38 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 09:06:07PM -0500, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> On 2/26/21 9:04 PM, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> >> I remember you mentioning this before. I've been using master a lot and
> >> haven't seen this. I think that if there was an error, we delete the aux
> >> file before recompiling. Perhaps something is going wrong in that part
> >> of the code for the type of documents you're working with.
> > Yes, I was thinking something similar. I often see "undefined citation"
> > errors around the same time.
> >
> > It feels to me like there is some case here where we need to run bibtex
> > but are not doing so. It may well matter that I am still using bibtex.
>
> Actually, to reinforce, I suspect that for some reason we are deleting
> the aux file too often, even when there has not been an error. Then that
> causes a chain of errors.

Perhaps add some debug code in LaTeX() that gives output when "clean_start" is true:

clean_start = This forces a fresh run by deleting the files in the temp
 dir. We set this e.g. if there was an error on previous
 preview, which is good if the user installed a package
 or changed certain document settings (#9061).

Scott