Concurrent processing of child documents?

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Mon Apr 5 14:59:46 UTC 2021

This is currently more of a theoretical question since I don't have time to work on it.

I'm working for the first time on a document with lots of child documents. Export of the child documents is sequential. Is there a reason they can't be processed concurrently?

I'm guessing this isn't relevant for most users since export from LyX to TeX seems pretty fast to me in most cases. What makes it slow in my case is that the child documents use knitr, so to get the exported TeX to be able to compile the parent an R script is run for each of them.

Scott