Bookmark Marker Weirdness

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Mon Apr 5 07:50:38 UTC 2021

Am Samstag, dem 03.04.2021 um 10:29 -0400 schrieb Richard Kimberly
Heck:
> I don't have a strong opinion. For what it's worth, I prefer the
> bookmarks in the margins, rather than inline. They are not text
> themselves, or related to text, so I find them distracting when
> inline.
> It would certainly help if they did not jump around, but I don't know
> that it would help enough.

I'm not a heavy bookmarks users either. I think I would prefer them
inline, but maybe with a less salient appearance (smaller and with a
pale color).

If bookmark bugs are revealed by this feature, I think this is a good
thing.

As to show/hide: We have some long-standing requests for hiding non-
printable items such as labels, index entries in the workarea.
Bookmarks would probably just another one to be added to this list.

Jürgen