Check for the -Wno-deprecacted-copy compiler option in cmake build

pdv pdvisschere at edpnet.be
Sun Apr 4 18:18:27 UTC 2021

On 03/04/2021 19:50, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Sat, 3 Apr 2021 18:13:17 +0200
> schrieb pdv <pdvisschere at edpnet.be>:
>
>> The Apple Clang compiler does not recognize the -Wno-deprecated-copy
>> compiler option. See thread "Re: warning: unknown warning option
>> '-Wno-deprecated-copy'" (8/10/2020) in this list.
>>
>> This was solved for the autotools build with commit 4aee447af1 (13/10/2020).
>>
>> I've implemented a similar check for the cmake build.
>>
>> As is stands the patch unsets the test-variable from the cache and the
>> test is performed for each cmake-run.
>> I don't know what's the preferred policy and one should remove that line
>> to use the cached result instead.
>>
>> P. De Visschere
>
> Why was
> 	+	unset(CHECK_WNODEPRECATEDCOPY_FLAG CACHE)
> necessary?
>
> 	Kornel

I inserted it just to be able to check that it worked; the test is logged:

	Performing Test CHECK_WNODEPRECATEDCOPY_FLAG
	Performing Test CHECK_WNODEPRECATEDCOPY_FLAG - Failed

Otherwise after running cmake once the check is never run again, until
one throws away the cmakecache.txt, which I try to avoid.

I suppose that after time this check will be forgotten and if the issue
is solved (by an upgrade of the Apple clang compiler) this will pass
unnoticed.

Probably the check takes little time and I thought it might be safer to
do it each time again.

P. De Visschere