Bookmark Marker Weirdness

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Sun Apr 4 17:21:53 UTC 2021

Le 03/04/2021 à 16:29, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
>> So there are two solutions now:
>>
>> 1/ revert bookmark display now, implement it in 2.5.0dev and fix the
>> issues that this reveals. I anticipate that most of the issues will be
>> easy to solve.
>>
>> 2/ keep the inline version, and deal with the incoming bug reports,
>> that will be about bugs which actually already existed.
>>
>> Riki, Jürgen, What would you prefer?
>
> I don't have a strong opinion. For what it's worth, I prefer the
> bookmarks in the margins, rather than inline. They are not text
> themselves, or related to text, so I find them distracting when inline.
> It would certainly help if they did not jump around, but I don't know
> that it would help enough.
>
> Then again, I can always disable display locally if need be.

This is typically what I would not want. Considering a feature OK
because the developers can disable it is not OK.

I can also keep it in with a no-gui pref with the idea that the display
helps to see bookmark bugs. But I lean towards just reverting the thing
and marking the bug wontfix. I am not a bookmark user myself.

So people, if you have thoughts about visible bookmarks, please chime in.

JMarc