Showing article DOI in Bibliography for IEEE Trans Template

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 16:44:16 UTC 2020

On 4/2/20 8:49 AM, Rami Ghannam wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I trust you are well. I am new to using LyX and I’m interested in
> submitting an article to the IEEE. According to the journal,
> references must include the DOI. I have tried configuring LyX to
> include these DOIs, but haven’t succeeded. Can you please kindly
> indicate how I can include article DOI’s my bibliography?
>
> Thank you very much for your kind support.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rami.

You need to use a bibliography style (.bst file) that supports the DOI
field. I just looked, and the IEEE Trans bibliography style file I have
(ieeetr.bst) does not. This version seems to date back to 2010. There's
a 2015 version on CTAN which apparently still does not support DOI. I
suggest you do a web search for "ieeetr.bst DOI field", which will get
you links to some customized (hacked) versions of the file that do
include the DOI.

Paul