How to size of pdf cropped output

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 18:58:07 UTC 2020

On 3/17/20 6:45 PM, Fred Schenkelberg wrote:
> Hi - is there a way or best practice to control the size of exported (pdf cropped) equations such that they become a specific or at least consistent font height from one pdf to another?
>
> I’m trying to use LyX as an equation editor and embedding the PDFs into InDesign and other documents like PowerPoint or Adobe Captivate.
>
> cheers, Fred
I'm not sure this is the best approach, but I would use the LaTeX
standalone class. It's a bit finicky when it comes to math, and I find
myself having to set the page width manually (despite it being set to
automatically crop), but it does seem to work.

Attached are two LyX files, each with one set of equations, and the
corresponding PDFs. To my eye, the font height looks identical. You'll
also have to make sure that the program into which they are imported
does not scale them (or scales them equally).

Paul