Bibliography missing publication date. [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 10 20:12:07 UTC 2020

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

> I'm used to the date being the "year" field ("year = {1986}"). Is it
> literally "date" in your .bib file and, if so, just for that one reference
> or for all of them?

Paul,

The direct answer to your questrion is both yes and no.

For some reason that entry did not have a "year" field, only the "date"
field. Many entries have both fields, but this one lacked the "year." So I
added the year and now it shows up.

This may be a glitch in the JabRef 5.x snapshots. I don't recall which of
the 28597 entries in the bibliographic database I've entered most recently,
but they might also be lacking the year field. I'll ask on the JabRef dev
mail list if this could be tested as I have no un-entered references now.

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Rich