PDF output wrong size

Dr Eberhard Lisse nospam at lisse.NA
Tue Mar 3 12:10:49 UTC 2020

Richard (Opheim)

This is not a MWE.

Remove EVERYTHING (packages, layouts) from the file (and preamble) which
does not cause the error. Or construct a virgin file, without anything
other than a line or two of text, add the paper format and the image.
If that works out add one modification, package at the time and
regenerate the PDF.

That often helps me finding the cause :-)-O

el

On 29/02/2020 06:35, Richard Opheim wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 9:16 PM Richard Kimberly Heck
> <rikiheck at lyx.org> wrote:
>
>     On 2/28/20 10:54 PM, Richard Opheim wrote:
>>

>>     On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 8:35 PM Richard Kimberly Heck
>>     <rikiheck at lyx.org <mailto:rikiheck at lyx.org>> wrote:
>>
>>         On 2/28/20 8:07 PM, Richard Opheim wrote:
>>         > The attached file's document/settings/page layout/paper
>>         > format is set to 8" high, 5" wide.  However, it outputs to
>>         > what I assume is a default 8.5x11 size.  If I remove the
>>         > figure float at the end of the page, it outputs to the
>>         > correct size.  Why should the figure cause this?  The size
>>         > of the figure itself is only 2" wide.
>>
>>         Can you also attach the figure? Without it, it's hard to say.
>>
>>         FYI, my wife is really into Latin percussion. This looks interesting!
>>
>>         Riki
>>

>>    Oops.  Please find attached.
>
>     No problem, but you should reply to the list.  I'm not an expert
>     on this kind of thing.
>
>     That said, I did notice a "Here definitely" default for float
>     placement in Document> Settings.  That could mess up the page
>     sizes.
>
>     Riki
>

> Hm. Thought I was replying to the list.
>
> I fiddled around with the placement settings, but no change.  Removing
> the figure from the figure float does work, though what use is a float
> without anything in it.  Tried making the graphic smaller; didn't make
> any difference.  Figure without float also no go.
>
> --
> Richard Opheim
[...]

--
If you want to email me, replace nospam with el