PDF output wrong size

Richard Opheim r.a.opheim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 04:35:41 UTC 2020

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 9:16 PM Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>
wrote:

> On 2/28/20 10:54 PM, Richard Opheim wrote:
>

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 8:35 PM Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/28/20 8:07 PM, Richard Opheim wrote:
>> > The attached file's document/settings/page layout/paper format is set
>> > to 8" high, 5" wide. However, it outputs to what I assume is a default
>> > 8.5x11 size. If I remove the figure float at the end of the page, it
>> > outputs to the correct size. Why should the figure cause this? The
>> > size of the figure itself is only 2" wide.
>>
>> Can you also attach the figure? Without it, it's hard to say.
>>
>> FYI, my wife is really into Latin percussion. This looks interesting!
>>
>> Riki
>>

>> Oops. Please find attached.
>
> No problem, but you should reply to the list. I'm not an expert on this
> kind of thing.
>
> That said, I did notice a "Here definitely" default for float placement in
> Document> Settings. That could mess up the page sizes.
>
> Riki
>
> Hm. Thought I was replying to the list.
I fiddled around with the placement settings, but no change. Removing the
figure from the figure float does work, though what use is a float without
anything in it. Tried making the graphic smaller; didn't make any
difference. Figure without float also no go.

--
Richard Opheim
PO box 2261

Skype name: richard.opheim
Office: +1 (262) 724-0443
Mobile: +1 (206) 965-0564
J-E Translation
<https://sites.google.com/site/opheimrichard/translation-faq-and-curriculum-vitae>

Now available on Amazon:

*The Taste of Kyoto: A Guide to Dining and Sightseeing in the Old Capital
<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7LVJIA/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1>*

*Conga Oriental: Traditional Parade Music of Eastern Cuba
<https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578422549/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Conga+Oriental&qid=1582588437&sr=8-1>*

*Sine probationem non creditis*