Endless typesetting with enabled Show changes in output

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Wed Feb 26 10:44:07 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-26 11:29, Daniel wrote:
> On 2020-02-26 07:29, Daniel wrote:
>> On 2020-02-25 21:45, Daniel wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to create a PDF that shows the changes I have done in a
>>> rather huge document. For some reason when I enable the option, the
>>> typesetting never ends. No error, no nothing. Just a message box
>>> after a while that the process is still running and whether I want to
>>> end it. No matter what I answer, it does not create the PDF.
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> Sorry, forgot to attach the messages (below). But it doesn't tell me
>> much.
>>
>> Where else could I look to get a clue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Daniel
>
> I got it to work after some battle. The endless typeset problem seem to
> have been caused by tracked changes within a TeX Code inset. I knew that
> using this combination was risky but I had no clue it could lead to a
> case where I don't even get an error message.
>
> I'll try to create a minimal example. Maybe it's worth knowing how this
> can happen.
>
> Daniel

Okay, here it is I think. Whether the LaTeX code is typeset within LyX
or not does not matter, so it seems that the code generated by LyX is
the problem.

As I said, I knew that putting tracked changed into a TeX Code inset is
asking for trouble. However, I just missed this one when copy and
pasting a whole passage with tracked changed enabled.

Still it surprises me that there is no error message or anything. Maybe
a problem with the error handling in the booktabs package?

Daniel