Endless typesetting with enabled Show changes in output

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Wed Feb 26 10:29:53 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-26 07:29, Daniel wrote:
> On 2020-02-25 21:45, Daniel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to create a PDF that shows the changes I have done in a
>> rather huge document. For some reason when I enable the option, the
>> typesetting never ends. No error, no nothing. Just a message box after
>> a while that the process is still running and whether I want to end
>> it. No matter what I answer, it does not create the PDF.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Sorry, forgot to attach the messages (below). But it doesn't tell me much.
>
> Where else could I look to get a clue?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

I got it to work after some battle. The endless typeset problem seem to
have been caused by tracked changes within a TeX Code inset. I knew that
using this combination was risky but I had no clue it could lead to a
case where I don't even get an error message.

I'll try to create a minimal example. Maybe it's worth knowing how this
can happen.

Daniel