Importing files: Some file types (.tex, .odt) only show up under "All files"

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 15:48:36 UTC 2020

On 2/25/20 3:46 AM, Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
> Thank you for your quick response!
>
> I have attached the screenshots "LyX_import_LaTeX.png" and
> "LyX_import_all_files.png", which illustrate the problem.
>
> The mime types .tex and .odt seem to be known by my system, because the
> proper icons show up on the desktop and in the filemanager, and
> clicking them directly opens the appropriate application. For example,
> in TeXstudio when I click "Open", only LaTeX-files are shown. I did
> nothing special on any file related to mime-types that I can think of.
>
> Is it possible to accidentally do something in LyX which malconfigures
> in the way illustrated by the screenshots?
>
> Thanks for helpful hints in advance!
> Tobias Hilbricht

Please reply at the bottom of a message, to make tracking the
conversation easier.

I'm not positive, but I suspect LyX is using a Qt dialog to select
files, and as best I can tell the Qt dialog filter just looks at file
extensions. I just posted a query on the developer list to see if anyone
can pinpoint a difference between the import and insert dialogs that
might give us a clue.

Paul