Importing files: Some file types (.tex, .odt) only show up under "All files"

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht at linopus.de
Tue Feb 25 08:46:47 UTC 2020

Thank you for your quick response!

I have attached the screenshots "LyX_import_LaTeX.png" and
"LyX_import_all_files.png", which illustrate the problem.

The mime types .tex and .odt seem to be known by my system, because the
proper icons show up on the desktop and in the filemanager, and
clicking them directly opens the appropriate application. For example,
in TeXstudio when I click "Open", only LaTeX-files are shown. I did
nothing special on any file related to mime-types that I can think of.

Is it possible to accidentally do something in LyX which malconfigures
in the way illustrated by the screenshots?

Thanks for helpful hints in advance!
Tobias Hilbricht