Beamer, standard overlay specification, references Problem

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:14:17 UTC 2020

On 2/24/20 2:51 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

> Am 22.02.20 um 20:22 schrieb Paul A. Rubin:
>> On 2/22/20 11:09 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
>>> If I use in beamer a frame with standard overlay specification and
>>> references, instead of the second reference the first one is shown
>>> again. Taking out the standard overlay specification is a remedy. If
>>> I need to use the standard overlay specification, is there a way to
>>> circumvent this?
>>> Look at the TEST.lyx and export to pdf > the error occurs
>>> put the standard overlay specification in a note or take it off > no
>>> error
>>> I use LyX Version 2.3.4
>>> (Sonntag, 12. Januar 2020)
>>> Systemverzeichnis: /usr/share/lyx/
>>> Benutzerverzeichnis: ~/.lyx/
>>> Qt-Version (Laufzeit): 5.12.5
>>> Qt-Version (bei Erstellung): 5.12.5
>>>
>>> Wolfgang
>>>
>> I tried to compile this and set a new indoor record for "cannot
>> determine the size of a missing graphic" errors. Can you cut this
>> down to a minimal example that shows the problem?
>>
>> Paul
>>

> I am awful sorry that I have sent indecently not the almost minimal
> file I had prepared, but somehow the original file slipped in.
> Wolfgang

No worries. This appears to be a known bug in Beamer. See, for instance,
the accepted answer here
<https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/489660/beamer-citing-distinct-works-outputs-the-same-reference-label>.
You can work around it by setting the overlay specification on the first
item rather than on the frame. See the attached LyX file, which I
modified. (I also had to change the bibliography style, since I do not
have the .bst file you are using, but that should be unrelated to the
itemization fix.)

Paul