Get unicode output for quotation marks

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Mon Feb 24 11:16:32 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-24 12:04, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:56:09 +0100
> schrieb Daniel <xracoonx at gmx.de>:
>
>> On 2020-02-24 11:46, Kornel Benko wrote:

>>> Insert->Special char-> Plain Quotation Mark
>>>
>>> 	Kornel
>>>

>> Thanks. But these quotation marks are actually visually different from
>> proper opening and closing quotation marks both on the PDF and in its
>> bookmarks.
>>
>> I've attached all versions I tried so far. The last are the ones I would
>> like to see LyX produce for me in the output, hopefully, without me
>> having to use different quotes in the document.
>>
>> Daniel
>
> M-x unicode-insert 0x201c
> M-x unicode-insert 0x201d
>
> 	Kornel

Yes, that's kind of the manual way. I can also replace “ and ” by itself
with Quick Find and Replace. And I can undo the effect by replacing a
unicode mark with the LyX generated magic one.

I guess I'd prefer LyX to make the change internally before the output.
But maybe there is no way to tell LyX to do it.

Daniel