PDF export fails with pdflatex and LuaTeX

Martin Weise M at rtinWeise.de
Wed Feb 12 07:41:03 UTC 2020

On 12.02.20 08:24, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 12.02.2020, 07:51 +0100 schrieb Martin Weise:
>> The file was there; however, it was empty.
> So this is definitely the culprit.
>
>> I added the line as per your suggestion.
> I suggest to not only add this one line, but use the whole file I sent.
>
>> Unfortunately, pdflatex still
>> produces a dvi file.
>>
>> Anything I need to do additionally, i.e. to activate the new config
>> file?
> Yes, you need to run (as root presumably)
>
> fmtutil --all
>
> or
>
> fmtutil --byengine pdftex
> fmtutil --byengine luatex
>
> to regenerate the formats.
>
> Jürgen

That did the trick!

No clue though as to why I had to take the extra step of adding
something to a config file. Never happened to me with a fresh texlive
install before. And obviously, it had nothing to do with LyX.

Thanks bunches!

Martin