PDF export fails with pdflatex and LuaTeX

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Tue Feb 11 10:04:41 UTC 2020

Am Tue, 11 Feb 2020 10:47:45 +0100
schrieb Martin Weise <M at rtinWeise.de>:

> On 11.02.20 01:49, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> >> Do you have an entry for "LaTeX (pdflatex) -> PDF (pdflatex)" in Tools >
> >> Preferences... > File Handling > Converters and, if so, what do the
> >> "Converter:" and "Extra flag:" boxes say?
> > In addition to Paul's question, can you send us your preferences file?
> > It is a text file and you can find its location by going to Help > About
> > and looking in the "User directory" path that is listed there.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Scott
> >
> My lyx user dir is ".lyx". But there is no preferences file.
>
> I just noticed another strange phenomenon. When I try to include an
> image in my .lyx document, I just get a LaTeX error ("Cannot determine
> size of graphic in..." when exporting to pdflatex.  This is new as well.
> The issues might be related.
>
> Martin

Yes, it looks related. Apparently the 'pdflatex' called from lyx does not create
the required pdf file to be used to display the image.
Maybe the environment used by lyx is different from the one if you compile
manually.

1.) Could you start lyx from the terminal?
2.) does the '.lyx' directory contain *.lst files (11 files) and configure.log
3.) Are the dates of these files newer compared to the install date of lyx?
4.) Does removing .lyx dir and restarting lyx create this dir again?

	Kornel