PDF export fails with pdflatex and LuaTeX

Martin Weise M at rtinWeise.de
Tue Feb 11 09:47:45 UTC 2020

On 11.02.20 01:49, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 05:38:08PM -0500, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

>>> Positive. There's a .dvi file in the (new) temporary directory after I
>>> choose File->Export->PDF (pdflatex).
>>>
>> Do you have an entry for "LaTeX (pdflatex) -> PDF (pdflatex)" in Tools >
>> Preferences... > File Handling > Converters and, if so, what do the
>> "Converter:" and "Extra flag:" boxes say?
> In addition to Paul's question, can you send us your preferences file?
> It is a text file and you can find its location by going to Help > About
> and looking in the "User directory" path that is listed there.
>
> Best,
>
> Scott

My lyx user dir is ".lyx". But there is no preferences file.

I just noticed another strange phenomenon. When I try to include an
image in my .lyx document, I just get a LaTeX error ("Cannot determine
size of graphic in..." when exporting to pdflatex.  This is new as well.
The issues might be related.

Martin