PDF export fails with pdflatex and LuaTeX

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Mon Feb 10 20:52:16 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 09:10:51PM +0100, Martin Weise wrote:
> On 10.02.20 17:34, Kornel Benko wrote:

> >> No, Document -> View (pdflatex) produces nothing either. Nor does the
> >> LuaTeX way. LyX leaves no pdf file in the temp dir. It just leaves .aux,
> >> .dvi,. log, .tex and .dep-pdf files.
> >>
> >> Martin
> >
> > That (.dvi) is the clue probably. Select different output in
> > Document->Settings...->Formats->Default output format: -> PDF (pdflatex)
> >
> > 	Kornel
> >
> No, I'm afraid that's not it. pdflatex keeps throwing the assertion
> error message, when run through LyX, regardless of what I choose as the
> default output format.

Still I think Kornel picked up on an important clue: we need to figure
out why there's a .dvi file in the temporary directory. If you exit LyX
and start LyX again (which should use a fresh temp dir), and compile a
simple .lyx file, can you confirm that there's a .dvi in the temporary
directory?

Scott