Problem with quotes signs in Pandoc conversion

V K sovhist at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 11:41:09 UTC 2020

I found some solution there: LaTeX Error: Command \textquotedbl unavailable in encoding HE8
put \let\glqq=„ (not ,, – it should be one symbol, not two) in the preamble and quote opening signs are in converted docx.

LaTeX Error: Command \textquotedbl unavailable in encoding HE8

I was testing today the SVN version of LyX 1.6.0 and 1.5.7. Due to a change in the way the double quotation mark...

This solution works only exporting through Pandoc, but it prevents me from compiling pdf – Lyx is throwing error "The document does not appear to be in UTF-8 encoding." So, „ isn't accepted. Ignoring error compiles document without opening quote and first character after it. I can comment out this string in preamble and uncomment it only before conversion with Pandoc.
I created issue in Pandoc: Conversion from LaTeX omits quotes signs from macros · Issue #6120 · jgm/pandoc

|  |  |

|  |
Conversion from LaTeX omits quotes signs from macros · Issue #6120 · jgm...

Hello. Pdflatex compile tex file with opening quotes in Lithuanian, but Pandoc conversion from the same file to ...

But I have no big expectations. I couldn't find any requests for these macros in Pandoc from LaTeX users, so it isn't very important issue for them, I think.