How to get numeric citations?

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Tue Feb 4 16:29:45 UTC 2020

Am Dienstag, den 04.02.2020, 16:06 +0000 schrieb Miranda Buckle:
> For the main “thesis” document
> In Document—>Settings—>Bibliography
> Style format: Biblatex (natbib mode)
> Variant: author-number
> Biblatex citation style: numeric
> Biblatex bibliography style: numeric
>
> When I go to Chapter 1 document for example
> In Document—>Settings—>Bibliography
> Style format: Biblatex (natbib mode)
> Variant: author-number
> Biblatex citation style: numeric
> Biblatex bibliography style: numeric
>
> However when I add a citation it is still a label…..

Yes, the numeric widget does only change the appearance in the lyX
workarea with Biblatex. To get numeric citations in the output, you
need to select a numeric bibliography and citation style (such as the
standard one simply called "numeric"; there are others with "numeric"
in their name that slightly differ in output).

Hope this helps,
Jürgen