doi > how to open

Joel Kulesza jkulesza at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 13:43:34 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 1:59 AM Wolfgang Engelmann <
engelmann at uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> I would like to open a doi in a lyx exported pdf file, e.g.
>
> Cingi C, Emre IE, Muluk NB (2018) Jetlag related sleep
> problems and their management: A review. Travel
> medicine and infectious disease 24:59–64,
> DOI 10.1016/j.tmaid.2018.05.008
>
> by clicking on the DOI. I have it in the references. How would one do it?
>
> Wolfgang

How a DOI is treated in the references is a function of the bibliography
style used to generate the entry.  If a non-hyperlinked DOI is given, it
can be followed by pasting it into the text box at https://dx.doi.org or
building it into a URL directly as, for example,
https://doi.org/10.1109/5.771073.

Ultimately: you need to find or create a bibliography style that generates
this URL for you and creates a hyperlink with it.  I don't have a
recommended style for this (I've modified IEEEtranN to do it for myself).

Best regards,
Joel