Table row alignment?

Bernt Lie Bernt.Lie at usn.no
Tue Jan 21 08:58:06 UTC 2020

I use LyX 2.3.3 on 64bit Windows 10, latest version.

I have a floating table with 3 columns. In the first column, I have a figure, in the second column I need to rows of equations, and in the third column, I have a text line:
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5D041.9040DFC0]

To get two rows of equations in a sigle table cell, I inserted a 2x1 table within the cell, and inserted a single-line equation in each sub cell. [If I instead insert a multiline equation in the cell, LyX preview crashes.]

My main problem is that I find it “ugly” that the three columns in the row (figure, two lines of equations, and text line] don’t align up well, horizontally.  I have tried to choose the row containing the cylinder, the equations (Jz = ½*m..., Jx = Jy = ...), and the text (“Hollow cylinder...”), and select, say, top alignment, or centered alignment, but those icons/choices are disabled.

Is there a way to control the horizontal alignment?

Thanks.
-B