MikTeX problem?

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 15:57:00 UTC 2020

On 1/11/20 7:34 AM, Bernt Lie wrote:

> I run LyX 3.3.3 on the latest version of Windows 10, 64bit.
>
> Today when I tried to preview a LyX document, I got continuous
> questions about allowing MikTeX to update.
>
> If I start the MikTeX updater, I get this error message:
>
> If I click “Yes” to see details, this is what I get:
>
> Any ideas of what is wrong?
>
> -B

It appears that the CTAN mirror you have set up may not actually exist.
I tried doing a domain lookup (nslookup) for "ftp.fernuni-hagen.de", and
it failed (could not resolve the host).

Either there is a typographical error in the URL for the mirror, or it
is simply wrong (and you need to replace it with a valid mirror).

Paul