Creating custom shortcut for cross-referencing

Hung-Tzu Chang htchang at berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 1 06:53:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

I would like to ask about how to create custom keyboard shortcut for the
"Insert | Cross-Reference" function in LyX. I searched through the list in
Preferences->Editing->Shortcuts and couldn't find the corresponding item
for such function. I also searched through the LyX bind folder for the
program and found the function "reference-insert" in the file "aqua.bind".
However, the function "reference-insert" cannot be found in the preference
menu. Manually adding the "reference-insert" line to the bind file
user.bind in the .config folder doesn't work. The LyX version in question
is 2.3.3 (both Windows and Mac).

Thank you and happy new year!

Best,
Hung-Tzu