change text of TOC

Ricardo Berlasso rgb.mldc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 22:08:08 UTC 2019

El mar., 17 dic. 2019 a las 22:25, Bart Kremers (<bart at bkremers.nl>)
escribió:

> Dear Members,
>
> If i put a table of contents in my document I always get the text
> "contents" above the TOCin my document. I would like to change this to
> something else for instance "table of contents" or whatever. How can I
> do this?

You can use Babel for this. For example, if your document is in English, go
to the preamble and write something like this

\usepackage[english]{babel}

\addto\captionsenglish{

\renewcommand{\contentsname}{The New Name}

}

For other languages you just need to change every "english" string for the
needed language. For example, in Spanish

\usepackage[spanish]{babel}

\addto\captionsspanish{
          \renewcommand{\contentsname}{El nuevo título}

}

Regards,
Ricardo