Index "see..." Cross-reference Broken in User Guide

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Sat Dec 14 08:32:56 UTC 2019

Am Donnerstag, den 12.12.2019, 12:02 +1300 schrieb Andrew Parsloe:
> Like Axel, I get the "GIF see Image formats" entry produced in the
> index. This is LyX 2.3.3, the English User's Guide, on a Windows 10
> machine. Under "Images" there is a subheading "Formats  71".

It depends on which index processor you have set in preferences. As the
PDF reveals, Joel seems to have xindy (or rather texindy) set, which
sometimes has problems with hyperref. Axel and Andrew seem to have
makeindex (the default), which works (you can see the difference by the
letter headers produces by xindy).

A solution (which should be done in the distribution) is to set
"makeindex" on document leven (Document > Settings > Index >
Processor).

Jürgen