\captionsngerman

Wolfgang Engelmann engelmann at uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Dec 12 14:32:49 UTC 2019

Am 12.12.19 um 13:48 schrieb Axel Dessecker:
> Am Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2019, 10:50:55 CET schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
>> I get this error
>>
>> ! Illegal parameter number in definition of \captionsngerman
>>
>> <to be read again>
>>
>> l.93 }
>>
>> You meant to type ## instead of #, right?
>>
>> Or maybe a } was forgotten somewhere earlier, and things
>>
>> are all screwed up? I'm going to assume that you meant ##.
>>
>> it is a koma script book in English and I don't know what I have to
>> change where in the lyx file.
>>
>> Wolfgang
> Wolfgang,
>
> I suspect this is about changes in German orthography around 1996. Does it
> help to set the language to German in the document settings?
>
> Axel

The document is in English. I guess it has to do with the references, of which quite a lot are in German. I use biblatex. What should the document setting be in Language Language Encoding? Language default or other and if, utf8? Language package default, automatic or babel? My bib file was made with Jabref and I have set it to biblatex too.
Wolfgang