PDF creation error

Stefano Fachin stefano.fachin at uniroma1.it
Wed Nov 20 11:15:31 UTC 2019

dear all,

all is well that ends well, but I am baffled, and since some of you had
similar problems I briefly recapitulate my story:

  * problems started at work (Win 10 pc). I started reinstalling Miktex
    and Lyx from scratch but had to leave before process finished.
  * got home (Win 10 pc) and had the same problem: no PDF, no DVI,
    nothing, same error message. Reinstalled everything and got same
    error again (that's when I posted).
  * arrived at work the following morning. Installation completed and
    everything works fine.
  * went home and nothing worked. Reinstalled again Miktex and Lyx with
    no results: two identical procedures (full reinstallation on pc's
    with the same OS) had different outcomes. In one case Lyx compiles
    fine and in the other it does not.
  * eventually at home I uninstalled Miktex and installed Texlive,
    reinstalled Lyx, and things are fine.

Final lesson: as advised on Lyx's website, Miktex is not fully reliable.
Texlive is less convenient to manage but more stable.

bye

Stefano

--

Stefano Fachin
Professore Ordinario di Statistica Economica

--
Le informazioni
contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono strettamente

The information
contained in this e mail message is strictly confidential and intended for
the use of the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, forward or store it on your computer. If you have
received the message in error, please forward it back to the sender and
delete it permanently from your computer system.