Some issues with the latest update of MikTeX

Kees Zeelenberg (kzStats) kzstatis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 10:33:48 UTC 2019

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: lyx-users <lyx-users-bounces at lists.lyx.org> Namens Baris Erkus
Verzonden: donderdag 7 november 2019 09:10
Aan: lyx-users at lists.lyx.org
Onderwerp: Some issues with the latest update of MikTeX

> LyX reported that iftex.sty was missing. I checked MikTeX and indeed iftex package was somehow not loaded in the package list, > which is awkward since I have installed "all" MikTeX packages and everything is expected to be there. It does not make sense
>  MikTeX remove some standard packages during a MikTeX update.
> Please do not install the latest MikTeX update till you make sure it is safe to do so.

On my machine (Windows 10, x64, LyX 2.3.3, MikTeX installed as administrator in C:\Program Files) everything still works fine after updating the MikTeX packages. The location of the iftex package has been changed: it is now in tex\generic instead of tex\latex; the latex\iftex folder is now indeed empty, but the generic\iftex folder is full. I did not have to reconfigure LyX, iftex.sty is still found when included in the preamble.
Perhaps somehow the MikTeX file name database was not refreshed?