Not able to export LyX-file to pdf

Paul A. Rubin parubin73 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 18:58:43 UTC 2019

On 11/7/19 9:39 AM, paul.tango at disroot.org wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I recently installed LyX 2.3 with TexLive on Windows 7.
>
> I am writing a small articel, but when I try to display or export it
> to pdf, it gets an error: "LaTeX Error: File `cancel.sty' not found."
> It only happens in that specific document, all others are exportable.
>
> Is this an error which is easy to fix? Else I would just type
> everything again in another document.
>
> Best regards
> Paul

It means your TeXLive installation is missing the "cancel" package. You
can install the texlive-latex-extra package, which is a bundle that
includes cancel, or you can try running the TeX Live manager program
(tlmgr) and using that to install just cancel. Once you've installed it,
retry displaying the document.

Paul