Bibliography includes document type

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Sat Nov 2 10:06:00 UTC 2019

Am Fri, 1 Nov 2019 06:30:29 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:

> This is a new issue with kbibtex. Technical report reference in the
> bibliography include the document type, Tech. rept., even though that's not
> in the bibtex source in the kbibtex database. Three examples of the output
> and their source listings (minus the abstracts):
>
> Brinson, M.M. 1993. A hydrogeomorphic classification for wetlands. Tech.
> rept. Technical Report WRP-DE-4. US Army Corps of Engineers, Waterways
> Experiment Station.

Checking TL19 I found some .bst files containing this string.
./texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/uestcthesis/uestcthesis.bst:1687:    { "Tech.
rept."  }                                      %  ODWE abbrevs.
./texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/seuthesis/seuthesis.bst:1685:    { "Tech.
rept."  }                                      %  ODWE abbrevs.
./texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/authordate/authordate1.bst:570:    { "Tech.
rept."  }                                      %  ODWE abbrevs.
./texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/authordate/authordate3.bst:570:    { "Tech.
rept."  }                                      %  ODWE abbrevs.
./texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/authordate/authordate4.bst:571:    { "Tech.
rept."  }                                      %  ODWE abbrevs.
./texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/authordate/authordate2.bst:571:    { "Tech.
rept."  }                                      %  ODWE abbrevs.
./texmf-dist/doc/latex/seuthesis/zharticle/zharticle.bst:1684:    { "Tech.
rept."  }                                      %  ODWE abbrevs.

> Since the string, 'Tech. rept.' does not appear in the bibtex source I don't
> know where to look to find why it appears in the compiled document's
> bibliography. All ideas welcome.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

	Kornel